Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (August 1996)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Sat, 3 Aug 1996 09:57:21 CDT
From:         clotz@ibm.net
Subject:      Re: Yankee bus invades the South! (Part I long)

>Unbeknownst to us, what lurked at our campsite was a confederate army of >Lousiana ants that saw their chance to attack some yankee tourists. While >that night's sleep went well, in the morning as I began packing our >makeshift awning I noticed a steady stream of ants climbing one of the >awning poles, marching across the awning, and disappearing under the front >door gasket. When I opened the front passenger door, to my horror, I saw the >invasion was nearly complete! The whole underside of the front mat was >infested with at least 4 regiments of the ant army and they were using the >cover of the dark red carpet to move reserves up the lines toward the >cooler. The carnage that followed is too horrific a story to tell--as I mercilessly >crushed every soldier in sight. The remaining holdouts would get their >revenge on me later, though. Somehow Lajiri went unscathed through the whole >ordeal. The ants knew their real enemy and despite further extermination >efforts I was left with battle scars from the renegade ants who attacked me >later on our journey back through Alabama. Those Lousiana ants are tough >cookies!

Seems like the ants were just showing a little old fashioned southern hospitality, and were just paying a nice Sunday social visit.

Thinks could have been worse, after all you might have been visited by some of the larger (read small dog) sized insects that inhabit that part of the world. The 'skeeters can get large enough to carry off small children, and as you move up the food chain it only gets worse............good thing you left before the reinforcements came.

Loved your story - made me homesick (yes ants and all)

Chris L. Miller

I think y'all got off easy