Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (August 1996)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Sun, 4 Aug 1996 09:39:39 PST
From:         kdlewis@juno.com (kenneth d lewis)
Subject:      problem w/ re-starting after stalling

Has anyone experienced: Engine will not restart after stalling*. Symptoms: Continuos cranking after the fact only produces gas fumes with no sign of it wanting to start. After I arrive I can get it to start by holding the throttle wide open and cranking it. After about ten seconds of turning over it will catch, slowly at first, then faster and faster until it starts. My wife says this procedure does not work for her immediately after the fact. What I've checked: The temp sender, checked for spark using inductive timing light, carefully opened air box to see if mass air flow vane was stuck, checked idle position switch.

Vehicle: 85 GL Engine: Gas, digijet Action: She threatened to send it to the crusher if strands her one more time.I think she was kidding!?!

*Stalling: accidental killing of engine i.e. foot slipping off clutch starting up an incline,starting with A/C on.

Tanks Ken Lewis kdlewis@juno.com 86Doublecab pickup 85GL 60 356(almost finished) 61 AH Sprite (for sale)