Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (August 1996)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Sun, 4 Aug 1996 11:01:38 CDT
From:         clotz@ibm.net
Subject:      Re: He's After the Unknowns Again!!!!! :)

Addressed to: JWALKER@UA1VM.UA.EDU vanagon@lenti.med.umn.edu

** Reply to note from JWALKER@UA1VM.UA.EDU Sun, 4 Aug 1996 02:17:15 -0500

Joel et al:

Mea Culpa, Mea Culpa, etc, etc, etc.....

Sorry, didn't realize I was kurking.

Was a "wanabus" (last week when I first found this virtual campground), now a "gottabus" (yesterday). Our decesion was in no small part due to the kind and honest opinions of the many people in the group.

Here are the stats: 1993 EV GL with 31,000 miles. Its maroon. It has those strange VW racing stripes down the side. It has a tan interior (these all seem to be inportant "Car Talk" stats, I don't know if it's relevant to all of you....).

Haven't been on a road trip yet, but probably will in the next few weeks - maybe Arkansas, maybe Louisiana.

Bought it through a dealer (Central VW in Richardson, TX - BTW they have a '93 EV MV for sale - 32,000 miles +/-, 12/12 VW warranty, curtains, blue. Our sales person/man was Kermit Thompson and we liked him). Bought it with a VWoA bumper to bumper warranty (12/12).

We live in Dallas, Texas (Big D), home of big hair, big make-up, big egos and big money. Hopefully, we do not embody for any of these traits, as we are New Orleans, Louisiana transplants (although the big money part wouldn't be too bad).

We saw the van a few Sundays ago while on our way to a children's theater play. We were cruising up the freeway and it was parked in the used car lot at the dealership. On a whim we stopped on our way home and peeked in through the windows. Came back the next day and gave it a drive. Spent the next week checking it out (thanks again to all who gave opinions, advice, warnings and who shared stories!). Negotiated a deal last Wednesday and picked it up yesterday, all shiny and clean, with new tires and a new battery.

We may be former wanabussers but we're VW lifers - grew up with a Beetle, Karman Ghia and Square Back. We now own two (2) '91 Passats, a wagon and a sedan. The rest of the family includes one (1) wife, one (1) little girl and one (1) Maine Coon cat.

Hope this clears our name off the list. Looking forward to giving and receiving more stories and advice.

Regards, Chris L. Miller