Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (August 1996)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Tue, 06 Aug 1996 22:02:16 -0700
From:         Joe Chanin <joe.chan@ix.netcom.com>
Subject:      Going from 76 westy to 81 westy

Well about to take the plunge....

Found an 81 Full camper Westy with more Grateful Dead Stickers that I care to mention(Might have to remove a few...but I heard it is bad luck).

Body good--Brown paint and they painted the Roof Green(OH WELL) paint fair interior all good except needs carpet replaced 115,000 miles on bus Also has Catalytic Heater(yeah---no more freezing in the mountains)

10,000 miles(1 year) on GEX engine with 3 years 36,000 miles warranty(Is this Transferrable??)

This is a Nevada Van(almost said bus) I will need to pay the Welcome tax as well as get it registered and Smogged--have to figure out what this will cost.

They are looking for 2900 and I figure I can get it for 2500 or less.

Any input is appreciated

Thanks Joe

76 Westy about to be on the block---we will miss her 81 Westy--could be