Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (August 1996)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Fri, 09 Aug 96 09:19:00 PDT
From:         Gregory M Daughtry <Gregory_M_Daughtry@ccm2.hf.intel.com>
Subject:      stats update

Thanks to all who replied to my water pump questions. I ended up having my mechanic replace the pump.

I paid too much money, but I needed it done yesterday because I leave Sunday to travel from Portland, OR to Raleigh, NC. I plan on two days to Rifle, CO. I will spend 5 days rockclimbing in Rifle (just outside Glenwood Springs). Then I'll spend the weekend in Boulder, CO. The following Monday morning I will take two days from Boulder to Raleigh. This will be my fourth (one-way) traverse of the US in the past year.

I've had my van for 12 months, and I've put 30,000 miles on it. Is that some kind of record?

Joel, please transfer one 1987 Vanagon GL Westfalia from Portland, OR (Northwest) to Raleigh, NC. I'm being optimistic, I hope I don't have any trouble which would negate this stat.

If any of you guys see me on the road, wave. My van is Titian (sp?) red and I have photo-voltaic cell mounted on the roof and a Yakima rack with my mountain bike and snowboard. There is also a giant dent in the rear hatch and bumper and I have Colorado tags. You can't miss me!

I'll be unsubscribing later today until I get back to NC.

Wish me luck and I'll talk to you later........