Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (August 1996)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Sat, 10 Aug 1996 13:54:26 -0700
From:         tjparker@pacificnet.net (Tim Parker)
Subject:      Re: Eurovan Tire Questions

At 11:56 PM 8/9/96, Ken and Charlotte Miller wrote: > Its come time to replace the Continental Tires that came stock on by EV. I > cought a little info a while back on EV tires but need more. Initially my > local FLATS (is this a new acronym?) tried to sell me non-reinforced > Michelins and said they'd do just fine. I said nope. If thats what it > came with there must be a reason for the reinforced sidewall. The dealer > agreed. Dealer also wanted $120 apiece for Continentals GAG!!!. Anyway I > have Michelin MXL's with reinforced sidewalls on order for next week. > Anyone have experience with these tires? What are other EV'ers using for > tires? > > Ken > > 104303.704@compuserve.com

Ken:

I'm one of those who didn't say nope, and am running the non-reinforced Michies. About 23K miles so far and no problems. I'd prefer the reinforceds but they weren't available when I bought mine, and the Contis were coming apart (lousy tires, at least mine were).

-Tim Parker 93 EV GL 60 Singlecab 29 Model A Ford