Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (August 1996)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Thu, 1 Aug 1996 20:40:58 -0400 (EDT)
From:         elks@top.monad.net (Elkavitch, Michael and Diana)
Subject:      Westies in the Maritmes/Stats for Joel

Hi all. Having finally shaken all the vacation cobwebs out, I can now give you the results of the Great Westy Hunt in the Maritimes. My wife, three dogs and Siegfried, our trusty 86 syncro Westy, counted a total of 70 Westies in our time in New Brunswick, Nova Scotia and Prince Edward Island. The best day was July 14, The Grand Slam of Westies !! - 2 splits, 1 bay window, 1 vanagon and 1 eurovan, all Westies. Whew, that was when we were on PEI and the splits were in just awesome shape!! Most of the Westies waved back at Siegfried, for some reason the eurovans were the most reluctant to wave. In this tour of three weeks we also saw - 1 bay window single cab, 1 bay window double cab, 2 vanagon single cab, 1 vanagon double cab, 1 regular split - 21 window - awesome condition, and 1 diesel panel eurovan. There was only one day we did not see a Westy that we had not seen before. Quite a trip!! We ran across a guy in 72 bay window at the top of a hill with the engine lid open. Stopped to offer help and he said his fan belt had broken. Not having a spare for that model I asked what he would do? Weel, he was going to Stapel the belt and go from there!! No idea how far (if) he went! Keep a Spare Belt Gang!! Anyhow the trip was great, the Westy was more comfortable that the motel we stayed in(can't beat indoor plumbing) and it was wonderful to just pop the top and sleep in comfort!! The Maritimes are just a great place and I can recommend it to all members. Next year we plan to go up the Miramichi River Valley. More later, but I had to get these stats to Joel for Friday!! Nice to be back. Mike E.