Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (August 1996)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Mon, 12 Aug 1996 13:48:04 -0700
From:         jim@atcweb.atc.1dc.com (Jim Ellis)
Subject:      Viper militia and VWs (a follow-up)

As you may know, several folks in Phoenix were incarcerated a few weeks ago over possession of some ALLEGED "silly" ol' bomb making materials and a "lil ol'" cache of full rock-n-roll weapons etc. Your typical run of the mill militia stuff. You know how it is... (Ahem) During media reports of the initial arrests and search of properties Mrs. VanBondo and I noticed a '66-'67 all white poptop parked in the driveway of one of the "misunderstood" members. Simultaneously, we yelped Westy! and considered the address as it was flashed across the TV set. Dang! Those good ol' boys are gunna need lawyer money like REAL quick! =)))) We oughta go down to the jail and see if they wanna sell it!!!!! Then we laughed and thought that it was probably someone we knew. Well.... Talking with some local VW folk over the weekend confirmed that the bus belonged to someone that we know from all of the local clubs and events. It was this fella's roommate who was one of the arrested individuals. Supposedly those whacky Feds got it all wrong. For some reason this fella was real closed mouthed about the whole event. I guess they were just a fun loving group of guys who happened to have a need for mass quantities of Amonium Sulphate and cast iron water pipe. Everybody needs a hobby, I guess. DOH! Gosh, I hope that guy has clamps on all of his hoses!!!!!! Hmmm... BTW: The bus is not FS and the fella was not in on the militia stuff. Names omitted for very obvious reasons.