Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (August 1996)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Tue, 13 Aug 1996 00:15:02 -0800
From:         ewalt@transbay.net (E. W. Dahlstrom)
Subject:      new old member and rusty tanks

Well hello all. It has been about a year and a half since I last subscribed to this list and I DID miss it. Last time I was living in my 82 Westy and going to school. Now I live and work in Berkeley and drive North every weekend for a little camping. No commuting in the Vanagon, yuk, what gas milage in town. And what good news am I greeted with on my first day back? Rust on the top of the tank. I noticed a bit of a gas smell when I buoght it about 4 years ago, but not very often. This summer it got bad enough that I could see gas streaks down the side of the tank through the wheel well (passenger side). I bought the filler tank grommet as well as two for the expansion tank tubes. I was planning to drop the tank this weekend, but now... Did you know that there are three sizes for the filler grommet? All of which occur in 82? Yuk again. I will bore you all with details later as well as some tech questions after i figure out the FAQ thing. E. Walt 82 Westy