Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (August 1996)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Thu, 1 Aug 1996 23:25:21 -0400 (EDT)
From:         gregm@umich.edu (Greg Merritt)
Subject:      Toledo show, Sun. 8/4!

Howdy Volks,

the Greater Toledo VW Club show goes down this Sunday 8/4 at the Sundance Kid Drive In Theater in Oregon, Ohio (on Rt. 2). Looks to be a great show!

Some folks will be driving down from Michigan Sunday morning, and some of us will be leaving Saturday PM & camp out near the show. Also, it looks like we'll be pitching in on a $15 swap meet space. Drop me a line for more info on the swap space.

It looks like my family and Mark & Betsy['62 Kombi w/ tent] (and maybe Jack['62 Beetle] and Matt & Faith['67 Westy] and Eric['71 Sportsmobile]) will be going camping Saturday night at Maumee Bay State Park, which is right on lake Erie only a couple of miles from the show site. Camping there is $15 per site, with 6 people max per site. We're planning on sharing sites to split costs. Pets are $1. No reservations are accepted; phone the park on Saturday to make sure there are spaces. I have been assured that we can virtually plan on there being plenty of space (it's not a holiday weekend). The park's number is 419.836.7758. MBSP is decked out with all of the modern conveniences (flush toilets, etc.) and has ~1/2mile of beach, swimming, trails, etc. (...so I'm told; I've never been there!:)

Send me email directly if you're interested in joining us for the campout. I've promised a pancake breakfast Sunday morning, so I'll need to know how many I'm cooking for. :) We might even be able to scrounge up extra tent space for anybody who's not decked out with camping gear. We'll hit the show in timely fashion just as things get rolling on Sunday. Weather forecast is dry, dry, dry for the weekend! If you need directions to the show or the campsite, drop me a line. For those departing Sunday AM for Ohio, I can help organize a caravan if y'all want to cruise down together.

See you Sunday! -Greg '71 squareback '63 Beetle