Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (August 1996)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Fri, 16 Aug 1996 14:25:28 -0400 (EDT)
From:         Z <killian@mnsinc.com>
Subject:      Re: Eurovan MV???

> Hi Richard, > > You bet they do. I have owned one for about 15 months now and think it's the > greatest thing since the cure for toe nail fungus. It's called the EV MV > Weekender and comes with a pop-top, folding table, curtains, rear > compartment lights, rear seat bed, sliding side windows with screens, and a > small cooler beneath the mid-row passenger seat on the driver's side. The > conversion was done by Westphalia. They were only brought into this country > in '93.

I think the only Westy part is the pop-top. I think the only other difference is the cooler seat. between the Weekender and the MV. Well screens on the sliding windows.

I'll second the enthusiasm but for my MV non Weekender version. You lose out on the rear capartment over A/C with the pop-top I guess as well. Depends upon how much you need the A/C in the back.

> They are rather hard to find since they were only imported one year and I > recall reading that only 2,500 Weekenders were shipped. They come in two > colors: white and kind of a striking aqua-green. The green ones are even > harder to find. Mine is white as are almost every other one I've seen on the > road.

That aqua is nice...

> It is a great van and I can't say enough good things about it. It is without > a doubt the best vehicle I've ever been in for long-distance treks.

The MV is among the best I've been in. The other is an older Westy.

> Did I tell you I really like this car? Well, I do. They should get one. They > won't regret it.

Okay they have some quirks but I have no regrets about mine.

bill killian