Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (August 1996)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Mon, 19 Aug 1996 00:50:52 -0400
From:         "Linus D. Toy" <linust@interramp.com>
Subject:      Re:  He's After the Unknowns Again!!!!! :)

Ok Ok Ok...

jeez, talk about outing the lurkers, what with the weekly statz ("sniveling lurker") and now this plea...making us come clean here, huh?

so who is this lurker and what's he doing here? well, i've been around for a couple months! but really can't add a whole lot right now...been busless for many moons. i follow the digest, typically a day or two behind, though lately about a week plus! oh yeah--some of you know me from the quattro list, and i've seen a few other names from another air-cooled german car list that starts with "p." amazing how interests tend to parallel.

i'll put myself in the "wannabus" category; i'l probably be there for awhile. i *think* i'm looking toward an early 80s westie into which i'll transplant a certain german boxer-6 engine....aren't dreams fun?

as for history, i learned to drive a manual trannie on a '73 white on orange-red type ii. also learned to parallel park in that, but chickened out on my driving test and used my mom's volvo. i later "stole" the thing from my dad and used it as my daily driver to hi school when he bought a '64 chevy p'up. that was almost 20 years ago and i haven't had an a/c VW since--bunch of w/c things instead: Rabbits (2), Audis (3) including my current quattro. the folks also have a couple VW products (another Audi and a Jetta). the wife has a honda--oh well.

ok. back to lurk mode.