Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (August 1996)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Tue, 20 Aug 1996 16:43:32 -0400 (EDT)
From:         Christopher David Chamberlin <cc7y+@andrew.cmu.edu>
Subject:      I'd like to thank...

I'd like to publically thank my beautiful (at least I think so) '65 bus for carrying my sorry butt all 2800 miles or so from Portland, OR to Pittsburgh, PA last week. I knew as I was leaving that one of the valve seats in cylinder #1 is almost shot, but I absolutely _had_ to get on the road so I can make it to school here. Considering this neglect, it still performed like the champ that it is - I made the whole trip in a week, while giving myself two to get it done. So anyway, thanks a million, and now I'll make good on all those whispered promises I made to you as we drove across - really.

Which brings me to my next question... These old busses are pretty rare around here (actually, extremely rare - I've never seen another splitty here), and I'm feeling a little lost. Any local Pittsburghers (even CMU students like me?) want to drop an email or get together or something to talk shop? I'd love to talk to you if you have any old VW, not just a splitty.

chris cc7y+@andrew.cmu.edu