Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (August 1996)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Wed, 21 Aug 1996 05:54:47 -0400 (EDT)
From:         Frank Condelli <ad793@freenet.carleton.ca>
Subject:      Canadian tire van tent follow-up

I got one of these puppys, finally after searching all the stores in a 100 mile radius. None in stock except in Alymer, Qc, they had three. Well when I left they had two ! So the tent, it is made by "Spalding" not "CampMate" as I had written previously. It is a very well made nylon tent with rain fly and front porch awaning, two zippered windows with screen as is the front and rear openings. Size is 8.5' x 8.5' x 88" . Outside poles and goes up quickly. Regular price is $249.95. Fitting it to the Vanagon either the rear hatch or side opening will take some modification as the tunnel between the vehicle and tent is a tad too high for the Vanagon side door and the rear hatch is too long and rises up too high for it to fit at the back. I have begun modifications to fit it to the side entry and it is not too complicated, however it will to have a new, longer zipper installed in the rear fly. Not all that complicated if you have some sewing skills and can find a long enough zipper ( I'm still working on this part so I cnnot report success as yet). We may use it this weekend or next before the modifications are complete as it is not a big problem with the tunnel opening. That's it for now.

Cheers

Frank

-- * Frank Condelli * Almonte, Ontario, Canada * * ad793@Freenet.carleton.ca * MGB's and LIONEL Trains