Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (August 1996)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Fri, 2 Aug 1996 14:43:48 -0500 (CDT)
From:         David Ian Utley <diutley@telepath.com>
Subject:      Injection Brain Information Needed...

Greetings all: I apologize if this is a little far removed from this lists normal topic, but I need help. Anybody have any experience with the Bosch inj. control brains? My question is this: What does the three digit number in the oval signify? The reason for my question is that the brain for my '85 GTi engine went out, and I discovered this brain from an '85 4000 S. The Bosch part numbers are identical, as are the VW/AUDI part numbers, but the three digits in the oval underneath the Bosch ensignia differ.

Both boxes have the Bosch number of 0 280 8000 140, and VW/AUDI number of 811 906 264 A. The GTi box has the oval-number of 810, while the AUDI has the oval-number of 078.

Any ideas? No one, including the area dealerships have a clue. Should I risk it and connect it and see what happens? Any information would be greatly appreciated.

TIA

David Ian Utley

Original Equipment Marketers

Serving owners of Volkswagens, Porsches and AUDIs with Original Equipment parts at Discount Store Prices.

diutley@telepath.com.....405-364-2102