Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (September 1996)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Mon, 2 Sep 1996 22:26:47 -0400
From:         K & K <napman@planet.net>
Subject:      NEw hampshire Junkyards

Was up in the N.E. area over the last week , we cruised by a couple of junkyards that held a fair amount of "treasure". The 2 that were pretty well organized and chocked full of goodies are Anchor in Plaistow, N.H., they had about 9 type II's, lots of good condition seats and interior stuff, a few still had motors, windows, axles, and decent sheetmetal. This same place also had 3 Vanagons, 1 air-cooled and 2 water. The seats, interiors, and panels all are in pretty decent shape. No motors though. One of the guys who works there {Dave} has an 82 or 83 passenger vanagon FS .Ran pretty nice and looked real good , I think he wants to get rid of it real cheap, the usual disclaimers apply. Their # is 800 382 5235. The other place was in Lowell MA, called Holland Used Auto Parts. They had 4 Vanagons 3 water cooled and 1 air. The air still had a motor. The sheetmetal on all of them was pretty much shoot, thoughthe insides were pretty usable. The front seats were all intact with armrests included. All of them were missing the instrument clusters, they seem to be a pretty hot item. All glazing were also intact that we could see. The only drawback was that the yard was pretty disorganized. Theier # is 800 654 8202. Their prices seemed to be real fair, we got 2 screens, rear wiper motor assembly, 2 bumper caps and an assortment of trims pieces for $25 . My wife actually says it more fun the antique hunting !

Just thought you'd like to know

Napman 86 Westy Syncro 82 Westy FS