Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (September 1996)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Fri, 6 Sep 1996 08:54:25 -0700
From:         natasha!kombi@adobe.corp.adobe.com
Subject:      Re: ??? Vitamins Below Retail ???

The first post on this thread was from:

Name: M.Zinini E-mail: cd006109@smtp.interramp.com (M.Zinini) Date: 06/09/95 Time: 16:59:10 (Mary Zinini?)

More stuff on this list (like the present message) is a true waste of internet resources. *I* am offended by stuff like this appearing on a list that is already so chatty. The way to stop this is to send Ms. Zinini the messages expressing your feelings. She is probably not on the mailing list, so all of the vitriolic responses to the list don't do much good.

The *real* way to get spammers to clean up is to bombard their host with messages as well. She posted this from "interamp.com", which actually sounds like a business. Sending mail to root@interamp.com or to sysadmin@interamp.com with complaints is probably more likely to be effective. I hate these kind of login names -- makes me think that the folks at the source are not longtime internet folks (remember when it was darpanet?), and they seem to be well meaning, if naive users in the main.

Your mail only went to the vanagon list -- the originator of this message is probably blissfully unaware that it caused such furor. Im my search of the messages this generated, none that were sent to the list were also sent to her, either on the CC or the To: lines. She sent one piece of spam, and the listmembers (including me, today) have magnified this with a dozen or so time-wasters.

Please, Please, Please -- don't respond to things like this to the list -- send them to the source.

malcolm