Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (September 1996)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Mon, 09 Sep 1996 16:55:45 -0700
From:         "Steven E. Broomhead, Sr." <broom-sr@southwind.net>
Subject:      Re: flush kit woes

kenneth d lewis wrote: > > greetings, > > Has anyone had any luck with those flush kits that require you > to install a T in the heater hose. > My 86 crewcabs' temp was fine. Then, just for preventive > measures I did the flush kit thing on it and added new coolant. Almost > immediately I noticed the needle in the temp gauge ride at a higher > average position. Upon removing the radiator and flushing it a ton of > junk came out! > Could it be there is something peculiar about the design (HA!) > of the cooling system that causes flushing, with the conventional > method, to cause more harm than good? Has anybody had any luck with a > different method? > > Ken Lewis > kdlewis@juno.com > Kernersville NC > > 86 Doublecab Pickup Transporter > 85 GL

Hey, I had the same type of problem when I used the flush made by the one and only greatest Pr#st*n#.

I had to have the radiator rodded out and I had to pull a round scraper thru the pipes to get out some kind of crud stuck inside of the pipes. It took me several weekends working on the heater core and engine block until water would flow-out at the same volume and rate it would flow-in.

Oh, yeah, I also either blew the head gasket or cracked the head from the overheating that occurred BEFORE I realised I had to clean out the flush-crud.

Side note: Tech 2000 antifreeze has the same chemical composition as the "phosphate-free" Pr#st*n# brand.

-- Steven E. Broomhead, Sr. ,============, .spew.. "I am not Slow, I am /__||___||___|| .cough.. '82 Diesel Velocity-Challenged!" | | |.sputter. Vanagon `--()-------()-'