Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (September 1996)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Mon, 09 Sep 1996 18:38:19 -0800
From:         tbf@pacifier.com (Todd Francis)
Subject:      Re: unusual EV sighting

At 11:59 PM 9/8/96 -0500, Rick Gordon wrote: >A friend tells me he saw an EV Westfalia Synchro in downtown Seattle >yesterday, loaded up with people and camping gear so he couldn't see >inside. >Before you get all excited, note that it also had European plates on it. >Perhaps some German tourists brought their own vehicle instead of renting a >camper. >But it does mean they make them, and there must be *some* way to get them >into this country... > >-rick > Hi Rick A Few weeks ago when I was in Prince George B.C. at the dealer having some service done I was talking with the parts manager and he was telling me that they saw all sorts of strange (for here) combinations of VWs that come here with German tourists (they get a lot of German tourists I am told). One thing that he did mention was a Syncro EV camper that had driven in for service that they were impressed with. Another interesting EV I saw was a new EV panel on their sales lot. You don't see them here. Todd Francis tbf@pacifier.com '86 Westy Syncro Vancouver, Wa '91 Tri Star Transporter