Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (September 1996)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Tue, 10 Sep 1996 00:01:38 -0700 (MST)
From:         vanbondo@primenet.com (Rusty VanBondo)
Subject:      Detailed Jerome Jamboree Info (L)

Some talk about raffling of vehicles on the type2 list brought to mind the Jerome Jamboree. A '59 7 door bus will be raffled. Cost of each ticket is real reasonable. Brain fade cant remember if they are $1.00 or $0.50 (like, fifty cents)each.

What?: The Arizona Bus Club Jerome Jamboree VI When?: Sept 14 and 15th, 1996 Where: Jerome, AZ at the Gold King Mine (at the west end of town)

DIRECTIONS: >From Phoenix: Monster Caravan (from Phoenix): leaves promptly at 07:30 (like, AM~ like morning, after that big hot thing comes up in the sky) from the Home Depot parking lot. NE corner of I-17 and Thunderbird Rd. The caravan will proceed up the hill via I-17N to Cordes Junction then it will follow the road toward Prescott. Take 89 north following signs to Jerome. >From California via I-40: I would suggest I-40 to Ashfork SOuth on 89 into "Chino Valley". Watch for signs for any cut off to Jerome. Hopfully before going all the way into Prescott (unless gas of groceries are needed). >From California via I-10: Just follow I-10 to Phoenix and watch for signs for "Flagstaff." Take I-17 north to Cordes Junction. An option would would be to join up with the caravan if arriving in Phoenix prior to 07:30 Sat AM. WWW Maps: http://www.bslnet.com/accounts/homepix/www/maps1.htm look for the "PRESCOTT AREA TRI-CITY & POINTS EAST" MAP Activities: Camping, Car Show, Big two-day (intermitant) raffle, [Grand Prize is a '59 7 door bus!!!] Swap meet, Chili Cook-Off (Mrs. VanBondo is gunna win), Slow drags, Amateur talent contest, "Volksongs", "Volkslore"(BS),& "Volksart" contests, Celebrity Auction (items donated by celebs), Mine/Ghost town Tours. Cost: $5.00 if member of ANY VW club, $10.00 otherwise (per vehicle for 2 days) More Info: Eric (602)234-3598 Jon (602)877-8662 Jerry/Melissa Jess (602)867-7672 Pat (602) 263-0684 or vanbondo@primenet.com

Dyer Lytle gave a fair description of the "facilities." Over all it is a family oriented event. Teeny babies and folks in their "young" Eighties! All ages and types of VWs, no exclusions. Even had a V8 powered panel bus one year. Yep, a few years ago (1994) there were some overly exhuberant campers who almost prevented the existence of the following years' (1995) Jamboree by kinda going over board. A case fire and conga drums like the "Mombo Kings" on crack or sumpin. Who knows... A ton of fun was experienced last year even though the noise was down (some). Most folks have enough fun and crash 10PM-12AM. Families tend to park in one area and the "Hey-Dudes" tend to park out toward the area that over looks the valley with the hopes that noise will drift out into the ozone. Even the rowdies burnt out by 12:30 last year. We were blessed with accidentially parking right next to them last year. I had to go over and supervise for a few, um-er, ah, hours. ;-) Over all the event gets bigger each year. Clubs from Phoenix, Tucson, SanDiego, NewMexico, LA and all over Arizona are expected to attend. Folks from ElPaso and parts east have known to show. Last year Washington, Wisconsin, and Ohio States were in attendance. In 1994, Jerome Jamboree was the very first event in many, many years to be officially attended by representatives of VWOA. Everyone is welcome.

Hope to see you there! It's a definite CCC party just a little more east...

-vanbondo