Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (September 1996)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Thu, 12 Sep 1996 20:36:05 -0700
From:         busgirl@netcom.com (Martha)
Subject:      CCC mammoth stuff

First - anyone want to caravan with us from the Bay Area leaving Thursday evening? We want to get as far towards Mammoth as possible. Yosemite might be spectacular at night. Bradley and I will be leaving my house in Moraga at 6 p.m. Thursday evening. Bren, Ron, and Eli may join us, and hopefully others. Sam/Susie? Any interest? Et al?? The more the merrier, especially if we have CB's (channel 2).

Steve and Linda Johnson will be leaving Sacramento about this time, and will let us know the campsite they plan to aim for, in case we want to hook up with them. Steve knows us by now - they can simply sleep, and we'll rock their van to wake them when we find 'em. :) Or, just watch for the 4 a.m. bonfire in YOUR campsite, Steve.

Anyway, do please let me know ASAP if you can make this caravan. For those wishing to leave on Friday morning, you may want to hook up with Jeff Schneiter and/or Al Hubbard.

Stuff to bring: wood - lots, period. This promises to be a huge group (many of you showing up just to meet Schwarze and Joel), and the more wood the better, since the circle around the campfire will be wide.

Bring also: ice (lots), water, folding chairs (thow in extras - someone always forgets or get theirs burned :).

As announced earlier -- suggestion is for culinary theme to be Mexican/ Spanish/type. In the past, we tried to organize all this per meal, but found we all eat just as well with far less hassle if everyone just brings "stuff" - a lot, and for all meals, and to share. If you have food allergies, please BYO.

Most importantly, bring yer homebrew. This group is excelling in this one endeavor at a frightening pace. Not only will you be blown away by some of the stuff you'll get to taste, you may be embarassed if you don't bring along the stuff you make. If you haven't yet discovered this wonderful pastime, get thee to a fancy beverage store and be creative. Nuff said. There'll prolly be mead there, too.

If anyone needs to phone me, I'm at: 510.376.4321.

We've set up a number (which we've used in the past) for volks to check in, leave messages, and hear any outgoing, updates recorded in case there's any changes after departure. Please note this number, and note that it is for this purpose for this trip:

510.783.1194

I'll take my cell phone, but expect there'll be many pockets where it won't work. We'll check into the number just above and change the outgoing message if there's any messages/changes for everyone.

If anyone needs another copy of the directions/location, let me know.

Sounds to me like weather temps can have quite a span at Mammoth. I personally plan to bring layers.

Last but not least - throw in that old type I engine case, and let everyone for 20 miles enjoy our magnesium fire. :)

/martha busgirl@netcom.com