Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (September 1996)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Mon, 16 Sep 1996 22:03:29 -0700
From:         busgirl@netcom.com (Martha)
Subject:      CCC's chain/snow advisory, et al

John Hugenard tells me it snowed just recently at 7,000 feet in the Sierras. Some of us will be going over the 10,000 foot Tioga pass (Yosemite) and he suggested we all carry chains - just in case. These could be chains, cables, spikers - whatever you have, but given the elevation and near change of season, it would seem advisable to carry something.

Also, remember the following. This group is getting HUGE. PLEASE bring lots of food to share. Mexican is the theme. We'll also desparately need: firewood, ice, booze, and lawn chairs. The weather could be warm or cool, so I suggest layered clothing.

Some of us will be leaving from the bay area Thursday evening at dinner time. Please e-mail me if you want to join in thi caravan. Others are departing Friday morning, so you may have a second option if you wish to avoid travelling alone.

See you all there this weekend. It promises to be a wonderful location and a stupendous amount of campers turning out! :)

/martha busgirl@netcom.com