Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (September 1996)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         17 Sep 96 06:29:15 PDT
From:         CARVER_JEFFREY@aphub.aerojetpd.com (Jeff Carver)
Subject:      Re: ATF levels

Rick - Know nothing about VW ATF, and little about my Ford's ATF, but I never found another way to get fluid into AT other than through dipstick hole, which should be larger that oil's. Buy one of those funny funnels at a FLAPS, long, big at one end and real small at the other, and go slowly and keep checking level.

The window knob on my '80 (probably the same) was also loose. Pry loose the plastic cover and remove via a phillips. You'll find the backside of the knob has been riveted on, not screwed. My handle broke, so I had to replace, you may be able to re-press/shape/form rivet on yours. Let me know results, as my other one is loose.

I used a standard old fashioned rubber stopper to replace missing one on one bus. The other bus is like yours, locked with no key, keep me posted on solution.

- Jeff + (2) '80 Westi's, '67 Sqbk, '64 Ford Crewcab, '87 Subaru 4WD Grass Valley, California, USA, Earth