Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (September 1996)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Mon, 23 Sep 1996 10:03:31 -0700 (MST)
From:         vanbondo@primenet.com (Rusty VanBondo)
Subject:      CCC Mammoth Aftermath (Phx)

Late Sunday afternoon, 09/22/96, VanBondo was attempting to mow the sliver of lawn in the rear of the "Rusty Ranch." The Mrs. appeared in front of me in an attempt to communicate something. Sign language/gestures indicate that there was a telephone call. Who is it?, I asked. RRRRRRRRRRRR (the mower roars) "Joel Endave." said she. RRRRRRRRRRRR (the mower roars) WHO!? I dont know any one by that name! RRRRRRRRRRRR (the mower still roars) OK, whatever... RRRRRRRR-pffft (the mower stops)

It was Unca Joel Walker and Dave Swartze (Joel AND Dave not Joel Endave) calling from Barstow, CA calling to confirm an understood invitation to crash at the "VanBondo Ranch." The come ahead was given with the understanding that they would arrive "late/early." True to their word they arrived at 02:30 (AM) MST. A sleepy tour of the '67 RFH was given. It seems that Joel thought all of my stories were just VanBondo blowing it out of his "tail pipe." Nope~! Everyone crashed for a few more hours of rest. These folks had driven straight through from from Dallas to the weekend's CCC gathering in California. Then they drove straight from the event to my house. Now I know what crazy is.

The crazy (but polite) car pool twosome passed on offers of breakfast and coffee and took off in Dave's "DaBoat" Safare camper into the early morining with fresh directions to local Phoenix junkyards in hand... Whew~! Thanks for stopping guys! -ellis\