Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (September 1996)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Tue, 03 Sep 1996 21:47:14
From:         BELGREAKER@gnn.com ()
Subject:      Almost robbed at VW parts counter today!!

Hey Volks,

I went down to the local VW dealership today to get a few parts(by the way this was my frist time at the VW parts counter). So I walk right on in after seeing that they had sold one of the eurovan campers(six months ago the sales manager had said the wouldn't last through the week end, this was at five o'clock sunday afternoon). Sorry getting a little off track here. I let the guy at the counter know what I need And he starts looking at the microfich. I said, "I would like to have the cover and locking plug for the water on my 80 westfalia". He starts looking and has a little trouble finding it. So the service manager gets involved. He tells the other guy that there is a westi in the service area let me look and see if I know what I'm talking about. So I show them. Well the service manager looks at me and says, "What do you need?". Again I pointed with two fingers and said,"see this little black square thing on the end I need that one and I need this little plug." We go back and forward like this a few times(I guess they send the service manager to the same school as the used car manager now!) With that part all taken care of I return to the parts counter. The guy who works at the counter is rather nice, He starts to look up the price and he writes down $81.00. So i figure that is list for the whole thing. Then he writes down $32.00. Now where I live in NYC you get use to reaching in your pocket and forking over money all day long. But this time I said NO!!! Sorry that's too much!! So if you've lasted this far into the story maybe you know. Where can I get these parts for less than my last parts van cost.

Thanks!! R&R Greaker 80 westi

P.S. Don't read the next ad unless you like reading part wanted ads!