Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (September 1996)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Mon, 23 Sep 1996 23:05:45 -0400
From:         John Anderson <vwbus@netbiz.net>
Subject:      FS '90 Passat Wagon (in WV)

OK forgive me not van related but for anyone wanting a modern VW people hauler that can get near 30 mpg worth your look.

Mom is selling her '90 Passat Wagon to buy either a Legacy Outback or the '97 Passat Wagon our dealer just got, I am admittedly voting for the Outback while longing for her to get the Passat secretly.

Anyway the stats. 4 spd automatic 2.0 16V of course 65k miles or so power windows, locks, heated mirrors all your normal goodies tilt/slide power sunroof steel wheels though standard 6 speaker stereo light metallic grey/silver all maintainence done routine by the book by me or dad both fuel pumps replaced soon out of warranty various warranty repairs, all receipts new Techtonics performance exhaust, cat back fairly new brakes and tires all round. all belts especially the all important timing belt at 55k or so.

A not smoked in, one older female driver, one owner car. Clean inside and out, always cared for.

She has parking curbed the front resulting in my removing the spoiler because the lower bumper cover is damaged. $250 will get you the cover and spoiler new, less used, looks OK as it is though. LeBra included but no longer works without spoiler, would cover a non-painted bumper cover fully for ultra cheap repair though.

She simply wants more than the pitiful amount Subaru dealers are offering (a real sellers market on those darn Outbacks, O long lost Quantum Syncro you were before your time) asking is $6750, less than NADA retail for this car, less than NADA trade value in fact I believe. It is a good, fast, competant handling, hauler of 2 or 3 kids with good solid German build quality who needs a better home. Any offers seriously considerd but make em quick if interested. She will likely buy new next weekend.

Located in Clarksburg WV I'd estimate 3.5 hours from DC or Baltimore, 2.5 from Pittsburg. call me with questions or email John Anderson (304)788-3704 vwbus@netbiz.net