Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (September 1996)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Tue, 24 Sep 96 00:06:53 PDT
From:         Beth Benjamin <bethben@rand.org>
Subject:      CCC's Big Bash

I too wanted to extend my thanks for a great outing. Lotsa fun to meet everyone and to see Mark and Kath's stomping ground. Big thanks to Martha, Kath, & Mark for pulling it all together. Of course, I also have to thank everyone who shared their Westfalia expertise with me, offering advice, info., and "warnings" about my impending search to purchase. Especially Joel !! Good lord that boy has more stories than the Bible. I'll be your desciple anyday.

Favorite memories to keep that weekend glow going: warm campfires with friendly "coyotes", playpens, and song; frost on the tents and busses in the morning; drinks on the grassy veranda with the "beaming" Jill, Argo, Lacey, Tonto, and assorted parents (of child and mutt); sharing stories and listening to the music of the amazing Monte,Martha, & Kathy trio; Maggie and her champagne; dessert that passed round and round; Joel's tales; home brew; the blue bus from Texas that brought those from far away; more brew; Al the hero who saved the lost boy; Jeff the hero who jumped Steve's "sleepy" bus; the little indian/Alice Cooper look-alike sitting by the campfire; and the wine that made that second night a whole lot warmer than the first...

See y'all at the next outing. Happy trails young campers.

Beth

------- End of Forwarded Message