Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (September 1996)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Thu, 26 Sep 1996 22:19:56 -0400 (EDT)
From:         H Steven Dolan <dworkin@mtolympus.ari.net>
Subject:      Columbus Day Camp-out, October 11-13, Seneca Rocks, WV

Gentlefolk,

My abject apologies. I have been incredibly busy the last two weeks, and have only been "on-net" on the fly. I had intended to assemble a web page wiht all the specifics, but have gotten no further than <html></html>.

Columbus day at Seneca Rocks is very much still on! Please plan on attending if you possibly can! Those of you who have indicated an interest, I have your names and will send confirmation RSN (real soon now), I hope by Monday. At last count there were 11 people coming, so it is shaping up nicely.

If you are in the DC, PA, WV area the site is within a very reasonable drive. The foliage should be magnificent, and it's not Skyline, so there will be no backup to see it. There will be a potluck Saturday night, if enough people show an interest (please let me know).

If you would like to see the site, or get directions, Keith Cowing has assembled a marvelous page relating to Seneca Rocks that includes maps right down to the site numbers at the Seneca Shadows NFS Campground we will be occupying. The URL is:

http://www.reston.com/senecaweb/seneca.htm

My research leads me to believe that it is approximately 3 hrs from DC, 4 from Baltimore, 6 from Raleigh, and 2.5 from Pittsburgh.

I still hope to post more details later (the rush *should* be over by Wednesday next). Thanks to everyone for your patience.

H Steven Dolan Alexandria, VA