Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (September 1996)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Fri, 27 Sep 96 00:42:30 CDT
From:         Joel Walker <JWALKER@ua1vm.ua.edu>
Subject:      Re: Back from Mammoth, carb thoughts (long)

On Thur 26 Sep 1996 22:57:23 -0500 David Schwarze said: >Yep, Unca Joel and I made it back from Mammoth in one piece, but with a few >more grey hairs than before. It was definately worth the drive, but I

?? more?? how can i have more than "all"??? :)

>Miles out: 1550

Miles UP: 2

>Time to drive back: 57 hours (2 overnight stops + a few dinner stops)

... but it seemed like only 54!! ;)

>Total miles driven: 3293

holy cow. and i added 1250 on top of that getting out to dallas and back. :(

>Gas consumed: About 168 gallons

beverages consumed: about 200 gallons. :)

>Average speed: About 60 mph @ 3900 RPM

not counting them mountings when ol' Dave the Trucker would kick her into "Georgia Overdrive" and let 'er fly as fast as the "aerodynamics" would allow!! :)

>Average mpg: 19.57

which, considering the amount of crap/stuff/junk/weight inside the bus (i'm no small butterball) and the drag coefficient of about 34.02, what very excellent. especially in light of the loooooooooooooooooong UPhills we creeped up in 3rd gear.

>This was only from my house in Dallas - Unca Joel got to drive another 10 >hours EACH WAY! And I thought I had stamina...

Stamina: (noun) <Latin, pl. of stamen warp, thread of life spun by the Fates>: a microsporophyll of a seed plant; specif: the organ of a flower that produces the male gamete, and is porphologically a spore-bearing leaf.

so ... you're saying i've got warped leaves?? or i was smoking warped leaves?

>really, FI people aren't dorks, I'd be one misself if I could. Except for >Steve Johnson, now he's a dork! Hi Steve! Did your bus make it home? :-P

hey!! don't poke fun at Steve!! he's the only one what brung REAL food!!! :)

Unca Joel (the big fat one in the passenger's seat).