Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (September 1996)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Fri, 27 Sep 1996 15:35:37 -0700
From:         vwmaster@volks-motorsports.com
Subject:      Re: I think I'm going to scream!

To All,

It's been a more common thing to find these cracks in the heads lately.

We (Volks Cafe) have found more and more of the Vanagons that we service, or are in for Headgasket jobs have cracked heads!Also the studs in the cases are starting to look pretty bad too.It's more common to replace a good number of the studs due to corrosion these days too.

I see that Justin had to wait 2 weeks for studs, I keep in stock 2 full sets of these studs. That's one of the biggest reasons I have offrered the VW parts that I do. I can't stand to see people wait longer than necessary and or pay too much for parts that I have sitting on a shelf.

I've never had a problem with the gasket sets being short gaskets either, and I hope to never send anybody a set that's short either.

We do about 2-3 headgasket jobs a week. We also do about 3-4 complete rebuilds a month. I get the chance to see so many different situations with these engines. I'm more fortunate than some that I get to learn alot more than most about the different things these engines are doing and problems that they're having.

Anyone that needs any info that I may have feel free to e-mail me on that subject.

Kyle

Kyle Wade (408) 462-9424 Hm # (408)426-1432 Wk# Keeper of the Volks-Motorsports page Home Page - http://www.volks-motorsports.com