Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (October 1996)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         30 Oct 96 04:29:22 EST
From:         "Turner,Ronald L." <102660.66@CompuServe.COM>
Subject:      Copy of: QUIT BLASTING THE GAS HEATERS!!!!

---------- Forwarded Message ----------

>From: Turner,Ronald L., 102660,66 TO: , INTERNET:type2@primenet.com DATE: 10/30/96 5:06 AM

RE: Copy of: QUIT BLASTING THE GAS HEATERS!!!!

I have 2 Eberspacher BA6 gas heaters with ALL the components (no swap area mystery heaters that are missing 90% of their parts - these are complete) total cost to me: 50 bucks each. They are what the VW buses originally came with if ordered with an auxillary heater booster from the dealer. I personally have been in a friend of mine's stationary, engine stopped, '76 Westy last winter in 15 degree temps here in Allentown, Pa, with the BA6 gas heater running and it was *very toasty* inside the bus. Almost to the point that it was too warm. the gas heater had been running for approx 2 hours (even tho the bus warmed up nicely within 4or 5 min. of turning that little green temp. knob on the dash) and there was NO exhaust smell and there was only the quiet whirring of the furnace under the bus. I almost fell asleep, if I hadn't a class to go to! My buddy has used it NUMEROUS times while camping at night, turning the knob and letting the timer run while he was sleeping. And he's not dead yet! they are just as safe or safer to use while sleeping as a propane heater is! With a gas heater you don't have to go thru the trouble of locating a tank, and figuring out where to mount it as you do on the propane heaters, and you never have to worry about running out of fuel (for the most part, unless you are a person who drives around on empty all the time) Or constantly checking & refilling the propane tank. If you have gasoline in your gas tank then your heater will run. Simple. The Eberspachers are very safety engineered, there are quite a few cutoff switches in the event of malfunction. And the whole unit mounts under the center of your bus, out of the way - not under the back seat taking up much needed storage space like a propane heater would.

I'm not biased, I'm just warm......gas heaters - safe, practical, the way to go!

chris