Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (October 1996)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Wed, 30 Oct 1996 20:10:50 +0000
From:         Tom Forhan <tforhan@pipeline.com>
Subject:      Propex! Hot news!

I faxed the order to Propex this am, delayed one day because the fax number they originally provided was missing a digit.

The total order was 17 furnaces! This is terrific, though had I know from the outset there was this kind of demand I could have probably been able to get a little better deal. As it is, I expect the units bulked shipped to the US will end up costing somewhere around $450.00 each, a significant saving, as the last listmember who bought one by his lonesome ended up paying about $600.

The down side is that the dollar value pushes the shipment into the "commercial"catagory, with more paperwork and hassles. Michele and I will also have to deal with over 400 pounds of freight, plus repackaging, labeling and shipping them on to you all.

With a week to build them at the factory, and day or two hanging out at airports at either end, weekends, custom clearances and the like, I expect we will be shipping them on to you in about two weeks.

I promise to keep you all updated as soon as I get more news, and respectfully ask you to not to bug me one by one, day by day, about what is happening! This has grown way beyond what I expected, and am I happy to follow through, I'll just need your help making it a smooth operation.

Regardless, if there are any regretful stragglers on either list who now feel they missed a great deal, I'll admit that I probably could add more units in the next day or so. E-mail me immediately with shipping address and cc #, or call my home (301) 270-8073 if you prefer. I'm up to my eyeballs with this, so whats another one...

Finally, I am using new (unfamilar) software to send this confirmation message to all the Propex buyers, and also copying both vanagon and type2 lists. If you think you are one of the buyers, but do not receive this message directly, please e-mail me.

Happy Halloween!

Tom F.