Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (October 1996)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Wed, 30 Oct 1996 18:02:07 -0800
From:         Ron Lussier <coyote@zuni.chaco.com>
Subject:      Re: aux. battery

At 07:41 PM 10/30/96 -0600, Sean Bartnik wrote: >Hello all, >Ah, the infamous auxiliary battery. I am seriously considering mountin >one in my newly acquired '81 Westy. I think I know the basics of wiring >it all up, but I need to know what size battery will fit under the >driver's seat. I seem to remember Group 41 deep cycle batteries work >well. I suppose I will also want a relay to switch between the aux. >battery powering my accessories when camping and allowing both to charge >when driving. I intend to have the aux. battery power the over-sink >light, the dome light, the aftermarket reading lamps, the stereo, and >perhaps also the silver socket and cigarette lighter in anticipation of >future accessories. I imagine that the sink light and the dome light >are both on the same fuse? Looks like a lot of wiring coming my way. > >So, who's done it and how easy is it?

If you can find a Group 41 deep cycle battery that fits under the drivers' seat, I want to hear about it. Since I bought one of these furnaces, I suspect I'll need a larger battery than the wheelchair model I have under my seat now.

>From everything I've heard, group 41 deep-cycle batteries aren't available in the states.

Ron

-- Ron 'Coyote' Lussier /\_/\ ____ Chaco Communications (408) 865-0657 ( ) \ _/__ 10164 Parkwood Drive #8 coyote@chaco.com \ / \X / Cupertino, CA 95014-1533 (1990 VW Westfalia Camper) \_/ \/ http://www.chaco.com/~coyote