Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (October 1996)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Tue, 8 Oct 1996 13:29:47 -0400
From:         tas2sc@bigbird.stark.k12.oh.us (Terry Snider)
Subject:      Volkswagen Parts in Ohio

Hi,

I have been on this list for fourteen months and this is my first contribution. I have been fooling around with Volkswagens for about 30 years. At one point I had 5-1965 sedans; about the time I had to decide between VWs or my now ex-wife. Made sense at the time. I didn't have time to check the archives for the following information so if it is old news, so be it.

Bettle Barn Automotive Foreign Auto Service (read as VW) 61581 Vocational Road Cambridge OH 43725

Phone: 614 685 6566

George's Foreign Service 1160 S Main Street North Canton OH 44720

Phone: 330 497 2715

I have been doing business with these two people for almost three years and have been extremely satisfied. I just purchased two, what I consider to be, pristine heater boxes for our 1974 Bus (not a micro mini van) for $110.00 each. These boxes are from New Mexico and are virtually rust free and still have 90% of their grey primer. I also picked-up a complete carpet set for $130.00. This set is COMPLETE including the wrap around part from behind the seat and under both front seats. You will have to excuse me but I was impressed.

The other thing I have learned in my association with VW folk is that the people that own them and the people that provide service for them are all a little eccentric. I speak only to air cooled vehicles! I don't know anything at all about "wasser boxes" and at my age I don't intend to learn. The aforementioned servcice providers are, indeed, our kind of people.

I still do a lot a buying from Rocky Mountain and Busboys but when you need a special part for your bus, bug, KG or anything off the wall these two guys will go out of their way to do it or get it for you.

The preceeding message............

Keep the air flowing and an ice bag on #3,

Technology Resource Coordinator Technology/Media Stark County Educational Service Center 330-492-8136 Ext 354 **************************************************************************** *****************************************