Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (October 1996)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Mon, 14 Oct 96 07:53:38 PDT
From:         Matthew Drahzal <mattd@Rational.COM>
Subject:      Re: Drivability Problems with Vanagons

--- On Sat, 12 Oct 1996 19:27:54 -0500 bob tickle <ratickle@viconet.com> wrote:

> >Saturday's edition of "The Stalling Vanagon":

>Could the broken ground strap have been a contributing factor to the >currently leading theory of "bad coil"? >

NuBus ('82 Diesel) would not start (when I turned the key, all the dash lights started blinking, and the dome lights went out.)

I finally gave up and sent it up to my mech. He said it was a weak battery, and told me to pick it up. He said he had been starting it all day with no trouble. When I got there to start it, bingo, no joy. I proved I wasn't a _complete_ raving lunatic.

So, I once again looked at the ground strap between the battery and engine. It was fine. After we spent a 1/2 hour of debug time with the Fluke meter, Dave Fretz (my mech) remembered the _other_ ground strap, between the engine and the body. Five minutes later, I was off and running.

md

------------------------------------- Matthew Drahzal - mattd@rational.com Rational Software Corp. One Tower Bridge Suite 225, W. Conshohocken, PA 19428 (610)940-2105 Voice (610)940-2150 FAX