Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (October 1996)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Mon, 14 Oct 1996 17:31:25 -0400
From:         John Anderson <vwbus@netbiz.net>
Subject:      Re: BA6 heater install and ...

Ken Wyatt wrote: > > Hi All, > I have recently acquired a BA6 heater from a junker Vanagon. I > pulled the entire setup from head to toe including the fan, furnace, > all wiring up to dash including dash switch, pump, coil, thermostat, > ducting including the re-circulatory pieces under the bench seat. > > I was wondering if anyone had any insight into installing this into a > Vanagon without a previous heater. How complicated is it?

The Oct-Dec 1995 issue of the VW e-zine FUNKENGROOVIN has an INCREDIBLY detailed article on this exact conversion, and I mean step by step 4 pages excellent. I would strongly reccomend it for anyone thinking about a BA6 install in van or bus. For some reason the article, Heat The Bus by Jack Reed does not appear in the archive on their web site so if anyone wants it email and I'll snail mail you a copy. Maybe I'll type it in if I feel really enthusiastic and we could get it archived.

John vwbus@netbiz.net