Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (October 1996)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Tue, 15 Oct 96 23:18:16 EDT
From:         Sean Bartnik <sbart7kb@www.mwc.edu>
Subject:      looking for a Westy...

Hey all, Well, this weekend's camping excursion has convinced me that I NEED a Westy, so now I am officially looking. But, I will wait until I find the right one for the right price, there will be no settling. What I am looking for is a '75-'83.5 Westfalia pop-top camper, with sink, stove, and fridge (fridge optional but I suppose that the stove ones have fridges too). I'm thinking of a Vanagon Westy, but it would have to be aircooled, but a breadloaf Westy with all the aforementioned goodies would work too :)

I actually did look at an '80 Vanagon for sale in Richmond on Monday. Guy was asking $3400. Canvas was excellent as was all the camping gear, but it had no stove or fridge, just sink. Engine was decent, it drove well, but it needs front suspension work and big-time rust repair, plus some minor interior work (replacement of some climate-control stuff). But there is some rust, it's isolated but it is RUST-THROUGH and I don't have the $$$ to fix that. It did have a gas heater, but the owner said he didn't have the courage to fire it up. It's definitely not a $3400 bus, maybe closer to $1500 but I doubt he'd go that low.

Sean