Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (October 1996)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Wed, 16 Oct 1996 17:58:12 -0400 (EDT)
From:         Cetin  Seren <cseren@fore.com>
Subject:      Re: Achieving high mileage

Exactly the same thing I was thinking. A friend of mine paid us a visit this weekend, and I got a chance to see the shape of the Dodge Caravan he bought _new_ in early '89. It now has 1/2 the miles on it that my almost 10-year-old Vanagon has (69,000 vs. 140,000+). Body/interior looked older than mine, the paint has faded faster. The engine is not burning oil, but des not sound extremely healhty either. Considering he paid $22,000+ for this then top-of-the-line vehicle, my Vanagon has delivered much more on a per dollar basis (I put more than 51,000 of the 140,000 miles on it myself, but paid less than 1/3 of what he paid for his vehicle, even after some initial _expensive_ work. By the way, the only reason he bought the Dodge in '89 was that his wife vetoed a VW van...

Cetin