Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (October 1996)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Thu, 17 Oct 1996 13:52:02 +1000 (EST)
From:         "Darren \"DeJaWu\" Wu" <djwwu@minmet.uq.oz.au>
Subject:      Bus drivers and waving.

G'day All!

I have a '74 and '85 bus, well the '85 is my Dad's, but guess who drives it most!

Anyway, I really like how type2 bus drivers wave to each other on the road, (well, the old shape bus...whatever...) but I noticed that the drivers of buses in the shape like the '85 we have never wave at each other....not even a second glance!

I remember when we first bought the '85 (in '85 of course!) it was only one of two or three (I believe) around town. It was a bit of a novelty then, until more of them showed up. Now, with the even newer shape of buses, I never see them waving!

What's going on?

On another topic, I am new to this group, and to American terminology for the buses. The '85 we have is a Caravelle and I think someone told me you Americans call it a Eurovan.

So, what is a westfalia?

I am basically familiar to the extent of knowing that there were/are three "shapes" The old "curvey" one (well, there was the old 23 window one too!) like my '74. Then, the more "chunky" shape like my '85 (and the really cool syncros) and now, the new front engine one.

Help bring me up to speed....

Thanks,

Darren. -- _--_|\ Darren "DeJaWu" Wu - Masters Student .-----------. / * Freelance HTML Author/Designer |{[__][__][_]\ \_.--._/ djwwu@minmet.uq.oz.au | _ |vw | _ | v http://www.minmet.uq.oz.au/~djwwu =-'O`+---+'O`-=