Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (October 1996)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Fri, 18 Oct 1996 16:18:19 -0400
From:         Derek Drew <drew@interport.net>
Subject:      Syncro 94 Dude Drives In a Mine

>From: Peter Larsson <peter.larsson@kiruna.mail.telia.com> To: Derek Drew <drew@interport.net>

Hello Derek!! It=B4s Peter here!!

My present VW is a =B494 model. Therefore it is the T4 model as=20 it is called in Europe. We had an =B488 crewcab before (our company, but=20 it=B4s "my" car) but the 1.6 litre diesel was a little to weak for driving= =20 underground. It was 2nd gear and top revs, so the cylinder head=20 overhauled. I have no doubts about your pics in the snow, with the old=20 syncro i droved in snow up to the doorhandles and it flowed at the sides=20 uptil the windscreen. The T4 has a 5cyl diesel and it is a little=20 stronger, it can go up from the mine in 3rd gear and 3000revs. It gives=20 a more relaxed driving. It is dark metallic blue with aluminium bed with=20 foldable sides. I have mounted wooden steering wheel and dashboard. In=20 the front factory mounted fog lights, and black coulored turnsignals.=20 I=B4m not sure about the gear ratios, but i suppose you thought i had a=20 transporter like yours. I can thou tell that i miss the terrain gear and=20 lower geared reverse. With the T4 when you start in steep upphill, you=20 have to have high revs and be careful on the clutch. Please write if you=20 want to know more about the new syncro, or about working in an=20 underground. We have three shotcrete rigs, eight concrete trucks, three=20 concrete pumps and rockbolting rigs and so on. Regards Peter

___________________________________ Derek Drew New York, NY drew@interport.net (main address for e-mail) derekdrew@aol.com (alternate/backup, checked infrequently)=20