Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (October 1996)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Sat, 19 Oct 1996 21:22:49 -0400
From:         "Charles Michaux." <cmichaux@carolinanet.com>
Subject:      Re: MPG Wasserboxer AutoBoxer vs. Wasserboxer Manual Tranny

Hi Mark,

My '86 Westy averaged about 20 mpg highway and my '91 Westy w/ automatic gets around 18 to 19 mgh. At first I was very reluctant about the automatic but I have been more than happy with it. I think most list members prefer the manual and I did for the last 25 years. One thing about a manual tranny is that you will have the expense for a new clutch, but if you change the oil in your auto it might out last the Vanagon.

Good Luck,

Charles Michaux '91 Westy (33,000)

---------- > From: Mark B. Magee <condor@phoenix.net> > To: Multiple recipients of list <vanagon@lenti.med.umn.edu> > Subject: MPG Wasserboxer AutoBoxer vs. Wasserboxer Manual Tranny > Date: Saturday, October 19, 1996 8:40 PM > > I am looking for a Vanagon 87-91 for my wife, she wants an automatic, I > prefer manuals for ease of maintenance, power and mileage. Anyone have > any raw figures on the difference on mileage on between an autoboxer and > a manual tranny Vanagon in the 87 to 91 range? Any feedback appreciated. > Regards > Mark B. Magee