Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (October 1996)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Sun, 20 Oct 96 11:21:46 EDT
From:         Sean Bartnik <sbart7kb@www.mwc.edu>
Subject:      Washington Post Classifieds

Hello all. Below are the classifieds from the Sunday Washington Post, in no particular order (well, sort of). I know nothing more than what the ad says.

'90 Vanagon GL, auto, 7-passenger, good cond, 76K mi, Manassas. 703-369-2277.

'90 Vanagon Carat, dual a/c, dual heat, excel cond, beautiful maroon, 90K mi, $10,500, 703-836-1366.

'90 Vanagon GL, 5-speed, a/c, like new, $5450. AF 703-525-3783.

'87 Vanagon GL, 116k mi, auto, grey, $3000, needs some work, 301-871-6409.

'85 Vanagon, 68K mi, good condition, runs great, $3300, 301-365-2533.

'81 Vanagon Westfalia deluxe edition, 17K mi on new engine, $3500. 410-313-8593. OK, I looked at the Vanagon above. It is located in Ellicott City, MD and it's not a bad bus. Top is mildewy but canvas is in really good shape, interior is nice, there is a lot of surface rust (little spots but a lot of little spots) mainly under the windows, some rust-through on the bottom of the sliding door. Interior is OK, everything seems to work, front seats have been recovered with some generic vinyl seatcovers, they don't fit too well. The rear seat has three different cushions, the lower one (that you sit on) is the same generic black vinyl as the front seats, the seatback is a tan cloth and the cushion over the engine is covered in a brown cloth. The upper bunk is in good shape and all the camping stuff inside is in good shape. There are a couple extra lights installed that look factory but I haven't seen them in other Westies plus a nicely installed electric 12v fan that has a nicely installed pull-chain to turn it on and off. It's an overall nice bus but not $3500 nice tho the owner said he is not firm on the $3500 price. It's got a little too much rust for my taste so I will pass on this one.

Other VWs:

'71 Beetle Convertible, yellow with black top, garaged, looks great, no rust, paint excellent, must see, serious buyers only, $6995, 703-978-3983.

'66 Beetle, nice original type, some rust, needs work, $1000, 703-451-8643.

'78 Karmann convertible [I'd like to see that, seeing as they stopped production in '74. Maybe a European model? Wait a minute, the ad says Karmann convertible, I guess he means a '78 Super Beetle convertible, which has the little Karmann badge on it. My fault], white, new black top, low mi, excel cond, $7000 obo, 410-257-3905.

'74 Super Beetle, metallic purple[!], custom artwork[uh-oh], new engine in '94, $2000, 703-815-8599.

'74 Super Beetle, good condition, chrome rims, tinted windows, alarm, $1800, 301-464-8999.

'74 Beetle, new seat covers, alum running bd, good running condition, as is $1700, 301-670-6755.

'73 Super Beetle, many new parts, needs body work, best offer, 540-554-2205.

'72 Beetle, fully restored, excel cond, runs great, will inspect, $2500 obo, 301-953-9620.

'69 Beetle, new paint, runs good, $2200, 301-963-6972.

'65 Beetle, new engine/brakes, good cond, $1800, 410-586-2147.

That's it, go get 'em.

Sean