Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (October 1996)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Mon, 21 Oct 96 13:49:36 EDT
From:         Sean Bartnik <sbart7kb@www.mwc.edu>
Subject:      still looking for Westy.......

Hey all, Just to let you folks know that I am still looking for a Westy, preferably '76 to '83 and even more preferably an '80-'83 Vanagon Westy. I know, it's not been long since I first announced my looking, but hey. When you want one, you want one. Basically I'm looking for something within easy driving distance of Fredericksburg, VA. By easy driving distance I mean that if I can make it up and back in a weekend trip, that's close enough for me to consider. I'm a college student and can't travel during the week.

BTW, I got back my pix from the Seneca Rocks campout and Bug-Out 37 Manassas. Very nice! Now, if only I had a scanner, I'd put some of these suckers on my web page. Any scanner offerers? :)

Well, it looks like I'm finally going to get around to removing my defunct a/c compressor. I opened up the discharge valve just to see if any stuff was left (don't worry, I wasn't going to dump Freon into the environment, I was just pressure checking) and there was NOTHING in there at all. Surprise surprise. So, the compressor will come out in the interest of better engine compartment sealing but I will leave all the rest of the a/c stuff in place (I will be selling my '78 when I get my Westy) so that if a future owner wants a/c, he can install a new compressor. Looks like an easy job to remove it. I will be filling the gap with the correct piece of engine tin that I got from Jon Anderson (thanks Jon!).

Sean