Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (October 1996)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Mon, 21 Oct 1996 21:18:35 -0700
From:         Turbo <thom@calweb.com>
Subject:      Re: E-Mail From All Data

At 01:48 AM 10/22/96 GMT, you wrote: >Hey all... > >I had a nice piece of mail from Alldata today regarding production of >an automotive CD to cover aircooled Volkswagens. Apparently they are >seriously (thinking of) putting such a CD into production.

Any chance you could forward me a copy of that?

One listmember, John M. Kowalski, wrote up a big letter to the Product people at Alldata, which I forwarded to the Marketing guys. Don't ask why they already didn't have it - I've taken care of that! (For those of you who don't know, I'm the SysAdmin for Alldata.)

Anyway, I got a call from the Marketing dude today asking where the letter came from. I explained (for the second time) my campaign. All of a sudden he's all for it, especially since we are launching our "Consumer" version of the product shortly.

So, now that we have their attention, its time to hammer the point home. I told him it would be ideal to cover the entire air cooled line - thru '79/80 for the bugs, and '82 for the air cooled vanagons.

So, lets get crackin' on those letters! Its _your_ support thats going to make it happen! If enough people show support, it will wake up the marketing and product people and make this happen!

For the full story, check out http://www.calweb.com/~thom/cdrom.html

or email your request to acvw-cd@alldata.com

Thanks!

Thom Fitzpatrick thom@calweb.com - http://www.calweb.com/~thom Visit _The_ VW Bus Page: http://www.calweb.com/~thom/vw.html