Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (October 1996)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Wed, 23 Oct 1996 10:07:01 -0700 (PDT)
From:         Jon Kirshbaum <jonnyk@oregon.uoregon.edu>
Subject:      Re: VW CD - Defeat?

On Tue, 22 Oct 1996, Turbo wrote:

> Well, the marketing guys asked me to take down my VW-CD page. Seems they > think that nobody really wants a VW CD, saying that we could probably only > sell 300 or so of them, which I think is bullshit, but you know the > marketing types... > > >Nobody, not even myself, has done any real market research to determine > >if this is viable or not, and I think its irresponsible to just > >toss out some numbers and say its not feasible. Look at the number > >of people who work on VW's compared to the number of people who > >would actually even think of working on their 1996 Ford Explorer.

Just look at the success of the aftermarket air-cooled parts makers and sellers. If people are making money by producing obscure parts for very old vw's, then something as useful as reference all collected on a disc seems very likely to do well. There are so many computers about, I would really think that tons of home mechanics (and a whole bunch of students) have machines and would eventually shell out the $$ to get that crucial wiring diagram...

Jon