Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (October 1996)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Fri, 04 Oct 1996 07:59:11 +0100
From:         zeidler@NTCNTG02DU.ntc.nokia.com (Zeidler Helmut NTC/Dusseld.)
Subject:      Re: ?Audi 5 cyl to 68 & newer TII Tranni

Information we got from Wouter, South Africa:

The number on the bellhousing Wouter's has (Audi 2.3 5 cyl to Vanagon 4 speed box) is BCY 301103. But the guys down at the local VW agents say BCY 301107A is the right part. Special price, just for you :-) is R509, ex VAT, so say R580-ish, so about =24150.

This bellhousing fits to every AUDI gasoline 5 Cylinder, Diesel I don't know and is to be checked one time. I also know, that someone did a conversion to the Rabbit or Jetta 2L. Also a conversion to the VW VR6 is possible.

Are the T2 and T3 trannies of same kind? The T3 tranny will fit the Bug.

Helmut '80 Camper

---------- >From: vvwca To: Multiple recipients of list Subject: ?Audi 5 cyl to 68 & newer TII Trannies Date: Tuesday, 01 Oct, 1996 17:51

Hi All,

Just a quick question on the net knowledge of mating an Audi 5 cyl (Turbo?) motor to a 68 & newer TII tranny. I know about the South African use of Audi motors in Vanagons, but how does the engine mounting compare with, say, a 1600 rabbit motor? I saw a clean installation of a rabbit motor in a 76 Bus at BBTA and Weddle Engineering sells Vanagon Diesel bellhousings used for =2415 (I hope it's not a typo). Engine heighth is not=

a great concern, the vehicle's already ben butchered up quite a bit. 8-(

I have a pet project where I am hoping to H2o a previously air-headed VW just for the heck of it. I may go the 16v VW route, but the possiblity of using an Audi 5 cyl intriguing, esp. a turbo motor. 8-) =7E Jon Christensen /V=5C Membership Coordinator for the =7ECertified VW Nut =5CW/ Vintage VW Club of America vvwca=40primenet.com Co-Editor of the VVWCA Newsletter http://members.gnn.com/vvwca KC Kombis' NEATO Co-Rep