Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (October 1996)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Fri, 25 Oct 1996 12:04:39 -0400
From:         "Richard Alexand Palmer" <rapalmer@eos.ncsu.edu>
Subject:      Re: Where would you go in your VW? <a friday question>

On Oct 24, 9:44pm, Rusty VanBondo wrote: > Where would you like to be able to drive your favorite VW if given the time, > health, and a modest budget. Who would you take along and why? What vehicle > would you take? I feel lucky to have actually been able to take somewhat of a dream trip last summer. For those who missed my posts, I have a pretty good account of it on my web page, the address of which is at the bottom of my .sig. Anyway, I, and 5 friends took my bus, a '67 camper, and a '70 camper, and did about 6000 miles in around 6 weeks. We went from NC to Alabama, New MExico, Colorado, Indiana, and all over the place. I had a great time, and met some great folks from on and off the list. I enjoy traveling in groups moreso than I think I would traveling in 1 bus with 1 partner. I think it makes things more interesting, and besides if one bus has a problem the other can go get help. Although I pretty much used up all my favors in getting that much time off from work last summer, I'm already plotting how I can do something again this year. It's really a great thing. I missed the list trips for the last 2 years, but I'm sure someone will put something together this year, which hopefully I can make. We've been talking about doing something here on the east coast, for all of us over here. Anyway, I love bus travel, and the only thing that makes it better is traveling with more busses and their people! Happy Friday; hope to see you on the road!

-- Poor Richard

"I spend half my life explaining to Christians why I'm a Deadhead, and the other half explaining to Deadheads why I'm a Christian." _______ .--------------/_______\-----. `/""""/""""/|""|'|""||""| '\ Richard Palmer / / / |__| |__||__| | rapalmer@unity.ncsu.edu /----------=====================| '67 Walkthrough Pop-top- | \ /V\ / _. | Nellie, the Wild Goose |()\ \W/ /() _ _ | '68 Crew Cab | \ / / \ / \ | _-( ) =C========C==_| ) |--------| ) |==] _-{_}_) \_\_/__.. \_\_/_ \_\_/ \_\_/__.__.

http://www4.ncsu.edu/eos/users/r/rapalmer/www/ Give me the simple life.