Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (October 1996)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Fri, 25 Oct 1996 20:49:57 -0700
From:         Robert Crawford <robertc@snowcrest.net>
Subject:      Re: Cost of Heater Core

At 10:32 PM 10/25/96 -0500, Mark McCulley wrote: >At 09:32 PM 10/25/96 -0500, Rob wrote: >>Hi Volks, >> I called the "VW dealer" here in Traverse City, MI to check on the >>cost of a rear heater core for my '86.>and none of the ancillary bolt-on stuff like the shut off valve. If they >still want $800, call Camelback VW at 800.876.5199. Tell them you want the >Internet discount and I bet they'll send you one for less than $150.

Or goto a radiator shop, core in hand and tell them, "I want one of these". A real radiatior shop will be able to order a standard core and cut off and use the end caps off your core that you walked in with.

Zeneta & Robert Crawford

"This year will go down in history. For the first time a civilized nation has full gun registration! Our streets will be safer, our police more efficient, and the world will follow our lead into the future!" Adolf Hitler...1935