Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (October 1996)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Sat, 26 Oct 96 10:05 CDT
From:         EF0JPB1@mvs.cso.niu.edu
Subject:      Re: Hidden Key & Code

> From: hanlone@acad.ripon.edu (Emily Hanlon) > Date: Fri, 25 Oct 1996 22:48:56 +0000 (CSZ) > Subject: Re: Hidden Key & Code >> >> Gonna go rip those hoses off now! >> >> ;) ;) ;) ;)

> ME TOO!

Also, if you remove that nasty oil cooler VW provided a HIDDEN EXTRA SOURCE OF HEAT! So run out to the garage and take that oil cooler off...winter's coming! VW also provided HIDDEN EXTRA HORSE POWER in the exhaust! So while you're removing the oil cooler, take off the muffler!

Sorry, couldn't resist.

I have the tag which came with my '84 Vanagon keys and the tag which came with my '67 Deluxe. It can be a nice authentic accessory, but I suspect that if it fell out on the ground a PO or PD (previous dealer) stuck it there for *convenience*. Either that or several hundred list members will be out pulling apart hoses to *liberate* that sano Westy they saw!

If you have the original VW key with the lock number stamped in it, I suggest you have a copy made. Then, use the copy and store the original. Ever notice how much keys wear with age. Better to wear out the copy than the original.

-Jim Bryant