Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (October 1996)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Thu, 10 Oct 1996 10:15:43 -0500
From:         nyquist@ubvms.cc.buffalo.edu
Subject:      fair price for 91 GL ???

I am sad to say that it seems to be the time to move on from 10 years of Vanagon ownership and hopefully into a Passat TDI Wagon. I need to know what a fair price would be for my GL. Edmunds guide lists wholesale around $9600 and retail at $11800. This is what I have: -1991 Vanagon GL, 4spd, Tornado red. It has the weekender feature. -serviced on schedule and very well maintained!!! -107,000 miles, however, 2 new cylinder heads at 102,000 miles, new brakes, rotors and pads, 1 year old guaranteed for life muffler, most other pipes replaced at same time. -clutch is original and working fine. -new Kelly Navigator tires

I wouldn't mind keeping it but I know nothing about working on this (or any other) vehicle myself and with many long trips still on the agenda I'm a bit worried about what may lie ahead. It seems to make sense to sell it while it still has some decent value to it.

Considering it's excellent shape, can I expect anything near the Edmunds price range or am I way off base because of the miles?

Thanks in advance for any opinions offered.

John Nyquist Buffalo, NY